Sunday, March 1, 2009

Greatest Place on Earth in the Rain!

By the time the gates opened the rain was coming down in sheets! But nothing could damper Eric's first visit to the ultimate playground. We threw on some ugly duckling yellow rain ponchos (at least we could always spot each other!) and skipped off to Tomorrowland and Fantasy World!



With so few people in the park, we hit up nearly every ride. The rain reduced and then quit about noon, but it kept people away. The longest we had to wait in line for a ride was 20 minutes. We got right into some of the bigger rides. We even hit up the BUZZ LIGHTYEAR.

Nothing like a game of shooting up Emperor Zurg's lemmings to help the beloved Space Ranger save the universe! In fact, it reminded Eric of his days of toy gun fights in southwest Denver. Obviously, what it means to be a kid to him is a little bit different than a lot of other people's background. I think he out beat me by like a 1,000 points or something! He is still a sharp shooter.


Eric loved the Indiana Jones ride. His excited face looked so cute as we shimmied and shake through tunnels. His face looked like the kid on the "Christmas Story" when he unwrapped his BB gun rifle. I only wish I had a picture of it.
Of course, we couldn't leave without hitting up Jodi's favorite ride--The Matterhorn. It was one of the first on our list. Jodi loves the swiftness of it and the red-eyed abominable snowman at the very end.









My own King Arthur is heaving and hoing to free the sword and rescue the princess on the calming carousal. And if he doesn't happen to get it free, at least my man looks good trying to save the day.





Here's our ride list with our favorites highlighted and how many times we hit up each. With so few people around, we hit up the whole park in one day as well as California Adventures.
1) Space Mountain (4 times)
2) Thunder Mountain (2)
3) Indiana Jones (2)
4) Soaring California (2)
5) Splash Mountain (2)
I have a fright of elevators, tracing back to when I had repeated nightmares about being stuck in them when I was kid. But Eric just had to ride it. I figured I do it and maybe face some fears. Turns out I came out worse. Throughout the whole ride I was screaming at Eric "I hate you! I hate you!" Of course, he was laughing his head off. It was the worst ride in the park! I do not recommend it. But Eric says it is "A, No. 1."


On our second trip down Splash Moutnain we ran into the Brer Bear! We got to hug the big guy and take a picture with one of the few characters that decided to brave the light drizzle. Of course when you go down Splash Mountain a rain poncho comes in pretty handy.

2 comments:

Jeff and Holly said...

That is soo awesome that you went to Disney Land. It looks like you had a blast! I bet you guys are sad to see your other downstairs neighbors go. Hope you guys are doing well!

Ty Lyman said...

You know, Jake and I have never been in all our lives. It sounds fun :)