Sunday, February 22, 2009

Eric Hits 29 (a belated post, coming 22 days later)

My birthday came on time (Jan. 31) and so did the presents and cake, but this blog is never on time.

Ha, ha. Eric had to add that little tid bit!! The rest of this post belongs to the wife:)

I just wanted to let my husband, and the rest of the world, know how grateful I am for him. I wanted to post some incriminating photos of my love, but I guess that will have to wait for another day!! Eric is the best husband and my best friend. I am definitely lucky to be married to him. Let me count the ways:

1) He is the patient part of this duo.
2) He is always to loving and kind to me and countless others.
3) He spends countless hours thinking of others and how he can serve them better.
4) He is a quiet and mellow man who never seems to need anything, which made birthday shopping fun. I mean seriously! Ask me and I could write a huge list in five seconds flat !! I am definatly lucky to be married to him
5) He has taught me to laugh, to not take life so seriously, and to be a little kinder and patient. 6) He is his own person, and regardless of his laid back manner, he definitely has his own views about things. Such as how to do the dishes right or how to dress himself.

And now just a little bit of Eric Trivia:
*Some of his closest friends refer to him as "Arnold",
*He is allergic to gleuten,
*Loves basketball, sushi (only at Jackie Chan's of course), and Disneyland,
*He is a recent graduate of BYU with a masters degree in Communications,
*He is a glutten for punishment and wants to go back for more to get a PHD,
*Eric is a very very good cook, better than Jodi will ever be,
*He served his mission in the Santa Rosa Mission (where his fate alligned with my family and changed ours forever),
*He is addicted to ESPN (even though we don't get that channel),
*Loves to run and work out,
*Can't get enough of Häagen-Dazs Rocky Road ice cream,
*Loves kids and they adore him,
*Loves the temple and the church,
*Is the best budgeter,
*Ate a package or Oreo cookies a week when he was a kid, and no one was looking,
*Got gang banged at age 11 (jumped and thrown into a lake for wearing orange and blue....do ask!),
*Favorite childhood game was "Bloods and Crips" (ya their ghetto twist of cops and robbers).

So you can see a little flavor of why he is the best man in my life.
Happy birthday honey I love you!!

1 comment:

Kylene said...

Yay! Good post! You guys are the best! I think you two are so great together and individually. You CAN definetely tell that you're best friends, even before I got to know either of you. BTW, I wonder if Eric ever knew my friend who served in Santa Rosa, Sister Jamie Blatter ('02-03ish, I think)? And my little brother went there too but during '04-06..AND have you gone and dropped by Jaycee's blog yet?