Sunday, May 31, 2009

Happy Button Birthday!

May 31--Jodi's Birthday!

This hot, not-yet-a-mama turned 28.

Her b-day was filled with one surprise after another.

She got to eat at the best Sushi place in Happy Valley, Yamato.
It's owned by one of our favorite people in the world. There she was sung to in broken English, and with some Korean mixed in.

On Friday, she received her first gift--a HealthMaster mixer by Montel Williams. The mixer is comparable to the Vita-Mix blenders, but way cheaper. We immediately tried it out by making a shorbet that night and then a Peanut Butter Cup Soy Ice Cream the next day.
Yummy. Naughty.

But there was one thing Jodi wanted more than anything else in the world. A birthday cake.

But Saturday went by...no cake.

Sunday started to grow late...yet still no cake. Not even a sniff of one was in the air.

Then it arrived. The most beautiful cake in the world, made by an awesome friend of ours.
Best cake we've ever seen!
"Better than our wedding cake!"
No Joke!
And if you know anything about Jodi's button fetish, and her love for sewing, than you can see why this cake made her glow like a Tiki Torch.





4 comments:

Kristin said...

Christine came by to show us the cake. It was amazing! I don't know how you could eat such a work of art.

Happy Birthday, Jodi!

Kellie Knapp said...

JODI SHUT UP! That is the cutest cake EVER EVER EVER EVER!!! and of course I missed your birthday, which makes me the suckiest friend on the entire planet... please forgive my rudeness and ridiculousness. Happy birthday...you look AMAZING these days! I MISS YOU!

Cheree said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Sheesh--had I have known it was your birthday! You punk! You need to broadcast this information. Happy Birthday! The cake is darling. I can't believe that! How in the world. She should have made a YouTube video of making it. That is gorgeous! You're the best! Happy birthday to you!

Steve and Hailey said...

Who made that cake??? That is so amazing! I love baking and making things. Every year Steve wants to make Jack's birthday cake and I refuse to give him that privilege. I'm sure he would create something cuter than I ever do. I get these great plans and research and then when it comes to executing the cake something turns out not perfect and in frustration I just hurry and finish it...I really want to take a class.